Commercial Building Permits
- Application filled out with general description of the proposed work.
Full Building Permit Application (PDF) | Simplified Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Application to be accompanied by no less than 3 sets of construction documents. When scope of work is of a minor nature, this requirement may be waived by the Building Official. One of the 3 sets of documents issued will be returned to the applicant or person(s) securing the permit. The stamped, approved and endorsed plans shall be kept at the building site, open to inspection by the Building Official or authorized representative.
- Construction documents to be prepared by a registered design professional registered with the State of Illinois, including name and address of said design professional and shall be signed, sealed, and dated, according to laws of Illinois.
- Construction documents to include site plan, showing to scale the size and location of all new construction and existing structures on the site, distances from lot lines, established street grades and proposed finished grades. Site plan shall indicate the location of all private sewage disposal systems where a public sewer is not available.
- In case of demolition, site plan shall show all construction to be demolished and location and size of all existing structures and construction that is to remain on site of plot.
- Construction documents to include engineering details of structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical work, including computations, stress diagrams and other essential technical data. All engineering plans and computations shall bear the signature and seal of the engineer or architect responsible for the design.
- Construction documents to include Stormwater Management Plan, per Ordinance No. 840-95: 10-3-95. Plan shall identify means of controlling the stormwater runoff. All computations, plans and specifications must be prepared by a registered professional engineer of the State of Illinois and must be reviewed by the City Engineer.
Codes Enforced by the City of Fairview Heights
- American Disabilities Act
- Illinois Accessibility Code (04-24-97)
- 2011 NEC
- 2021 International Building Code (supplements thereto adopted by City of Fairview Heights)
- 2021 International Residential Code (supplements thereto adopted by City of Fairview Heights)
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Fire Protection Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2014 Illinois Plumbing Code