Welcome to the Fairview Heights Economic Development Department!
Urban Air Ribbon Cutting November 22, 2019
Drury Inn Remodel
The Rec May 4, 2019
ALDI Ribbon Cutting January 24, 2019
Distinctive Dermatology January 2019
Forever Flooring Ribbon Cutting January 8, 2019
Jack Crab February 20, 2019
Mr. Appliance Ribbon Cutting February 21, 2019
Precision Point Ribbon Cutting March 27, 2019
Fairview Heights, Illinois is located in the Metro-East portion of the St. Louis MSA, and is 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis. With over 3 million square feet of retail, Fairview Heights is dubbed the Retail Hub of Southern Illinois. It is home to a Super Regional Mall and 7 shopping centers. 75 restaurants operate in the City, as do 8 hotels and motels. Interstate 64 straddles the City with traffic counts at Exit 12 exceeding 75,000 cars a day.
About the Area
The Fairview Heights, Illinois Economic Development Department has 3 primary goals:
- Retain existing businesses within the City and advocate or assist in the expansion of those existing businesses.
- Recruit new business start-ups and solicit companies to locate in the City.
- Spearhead certain projects that will complement the City's Economic Development efforts
(such as "Arrowhead Business Industrial Park", "Lincoln Trail TIF Streetscape Project", and the "Phase I South Corridor Bike Trail").
- Business Assistance Program (PDF) document has been prepared to inform individuals and companies of financial incentives available to assist in locating, relocating or expanding in the City.
- Community Profile (PDF) outlining the demographic and business characteristics of the City is maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Inventory of Vacant Buildings and Sites available for occupancy or development in the City is maintained and updated continually.
- Marketing Brochure (PDF) slanted toward Economic Development opportunities in the City has been produced to entice builders, developers and companies to locate here.
- Urban Land Institute Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) Program Report (PDF) Technical Panel analysis of Development opportunities in Fairview Heights
- Economic Development Strategy Request for Proposals (RFP) Will identify goals for building and strengthening the City's economy with strategies, tactics, guidelines and timelines for achieving such goals.
- ALDI comes to Fairview Heights
- Lincoln Trail Improvements
- St. Clair Square Mall Major Tenant Announcement
- When Toys R Us Closes in Fairview Heights, the Region Will Lose More Than Just a Business
- Fairview Heights to Spend $5 Million to Build Roundabout, Widen Roads at This Shopping Complex
- Lincoln Trail Streetscape Briefing
- Skechers to open shoe store in Fairview Heights
- Economic Developers to Powwow on Retailers
- KMOV On the Road in Fairview Heights
- New EdgyChic Boutique in Fairview Heights
- KMOV On the Road: Midwest Wingfest
- KMOV On the Road: TBD Bar + Social
- KMOV On the Road: The Rec
- Why should my business locate to Fairview Heights?
- I'm thinking about locating my business to Fairview Heights. Where can I view information on available buildings and development sites?
- What type of financial assistance is available for my business?
- Is Fairview Heights a member of a Chamber of Commerce?
- Where can I view information on businesses in Fairview Heights that have recently opened?